<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Crunch, crunch

I LOVE fresh, raw green beans.  Love the taste, the texture, the look of them...everything.  Definitely one of my favorite veggies.

I had some leftover toasted pecans, along with green beans that I bought for my tempura, so I came up with this quick and easy salad.  It takes just a few minutes to prepare and is perfect for any time of year...although I think it would be really nice at barbecues.  It's easy to transport, too.


Toasted Pecan & Green Bean Salad with Dijon Dressing
1 lb. green beans, washed, ends trimmed
1/2 cup pecans, toasted
Dijon Dressing:
2 tablespoons canola oil
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1/2 lemon

Put green beans and pecans in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.  Taste along the way to be sure the seasonings are to your liking.

Pour dressing on top of beans and mix together.  Serve, or keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2011 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Melissa,I love green beans too. This looks like a tasty healthy salad! Love it.

 
At February 20, 2011 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

What an easy delicious side dish! I love the sound of that dijon dressing.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home