<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Monday, January 3, 2011

Winding down from the holiday madness...

Back to the grind today for just about everyone...how did it go for you?  Bella and I went back to school this morning (we attend Mommy & Me preschool on Monday mornings)...it was nice to have our weekly routine start up again.  It was also nice to see that we weren't the only ones still wiped out from the holidays...all the moms and kids in our class were struggling, too.  Still, it was good to be back.

I wanted to make something quick and easy tonight since I didn't feel like being in the kitchen long.  I've been making this pork dish for a long time now...another one passed along by Mom.  So easy, and so good - everyone who's had it agrees.  It's a big hit in the summertime at barbecues (I used my indoor grill tonight) or if you like, you can cook it in the oven.  For blogging purposes, I'll call it Mom's Grilled Pork Tenderloin.  Gotta give credit where credit is due, right?

I had leftover white rice in the fridge and although we usually eat brown rice at home, I didn't want to waste it (one of my many food goals for the new year - throw out less!).  I nuked it in the microwave with a little bit of butter, added fresh lime juice and some cilantro, and there you have it - Lime Cilantro Rice.  It compliments the pork very well.

I also had a few avocados that I needed to use before they went bad.  I cut them up, along with 2 tomatoes, and sliced half a large red onion...added sea salt, pepper, and a bit of EVOO.  The result was a delicious, fresh salad that rounded off the plate.  We can call it - Avocado, Tomato & Onion Salad :)



Mom's Grilled Pork Tenderloin
1 boneless pork tenderloin (any size...today I used a 1 lb. one)
1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1/4 cup honey
5 garlic cloves, chopped (I, of course, use more)
3 T. fresh ginger, minced

Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag and marinate for at least 4 hours.

Set indoor grill to medium-high heat.  When ready, place pork on grill and cook for approximately 15 minutes, flipping once halfway.

Serve with Lime Cilantro Rice and Avocado, Tomato & Onion Salad, as pictured.

***I don't measure for this dish - the above numbers are approximate and should be adjusted based on how much pork you're cooking as well as your taste
***increase cooking time for larger amounts of meat - this can also be cooked in the oven (450 degrees)



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 3, 2011 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, I like that. I just bought a pork tenderloin on special today. I wanted to do something different with it. This is perfect. Love the name Bella.

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home