<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Sunday, January 2, 2011

If it's stinky, I'm in.

Simply put...I LOVE garlic.  And onions.  I eat a ton of both.

There may be an explanation for the onion love...when my Mom was pregnant with me, she ate onions like apples.  As in - peel it, hold it, and bite right into it.  Mmmmm mmmmm.  The garlic...well, I guess it's the Italian in me.

I came across this recipe last night and thought it would be perfect for tonight, since I had half a loaf of stale Italian bread.  It was delicious!  If you're a garlic lover, make it SOON.

Frank also wanted a panini...I christened my new toy the other day and made him one for lunch, which he loved, so I broke it out again.  Both insides of the bread are covered with pesto (I lightly coat the outside with EVOO before adding them to the grill), then I added some prosciutto, sopressata, fresh mozzarella, and roasted red pepper.  Heaven.


Garlic Bread Soup
from Martha Stewart


1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Spanish
8 large garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with 1 teaspoon coarse salt (I used a dozen)
2 cups bite-size pieces stale crusty bread (4 ounces)
5 cups homemade or low-sodium store-bought chicken stock (I used homemade)
1 bay leaf
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
3 large eggs, beaten
Flat-leaf parsley leaves, for garnish


Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking. Add garlic paste; cook, stirring occasionally, until very fragrant but not browned, about 10 minutes.
Add bread, and stir to coat. Stir in stock and bay leaf; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
Discard bay leaf. Stir in eggs. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up eggs, about 10 minutes. Serve soup garnished with parsley leaves.
Serves 4.



Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 2, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Interesting! I love garlic bread... and I love soup... so this seems like a winner

 
At January 17, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home