<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Summer in Winter

Something light was the way to go tonight after all the holiday eating that's been going on.  Frank loves this dish and requested it (and went out to get the lemons), so that was that.  Another easy and delicious meal.  We tend to eat this more often when the weather's warm...it's that kind of dish.

I (very) quickly sauteed the shrimp in a teeny bit of EVOO and lots of garlic before adding it to the pasta...you can do the same with chicken, crab, clams, really whatever you like...or leave it protein-less and serve it as a side dish.



Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
1/2 pound spaghetti
juice of 2 lemons
1 garlic clove, diced finely
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
grated cheese (I use pecorino romano)
black pepper
fresh parsley, chopped (as much as you like, I use about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup frozen shrimp, thawed
1 T extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped

Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.  Mix together lemon juice, garlic and EVOO in a bowl.  Drain pasta and toss into bowl with mixture.

Put oil and garlic in hot skillet and saute until garlic is just cooked, then add shrimp.  Cook until shrimp turns pink, about one minute, and combine in bowl with pasta.  Toss together, then add cheese, pepper and parsley to taste.

Serves 2 very generously :)


Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At December 28, 2010 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Lisa D. said...

I love this recipe but I've never made it with shrimp -- will definitely have to try it. Looks delicious!

 
At December 28, 2010 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Ann said...

This looks light, delicious, and healthy. I need some shrimp recipes. I love shrimp but never cook with it.

 
At December 28, 2010 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks awesome.. too bad i am allergic to shellfish now.. sigh..

 
At December 30, 2010 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

this is my favorite kind of pasta dish. i think i'm going to have to make it in the next few days...looks so yummy!!

 
At January 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made this last night. It was so, so yummy! I used extra garlic forgetting that Melissa loves garlic too, so I overdid the garlic a bit.
I will definitely make it again!
Thanks, Melissa!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home