<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://iwasborntocook.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pizza in a pinch

Pesto is one of our favorite pizza toppings.  I've yet to make my own this year, but I plan on doing so very soon and will share my recipe with you at that time.  Until then, I found a great alternative at Costco...their prepared pesto is delicious and great to use when you need something fast.  Try it out!

Here's a nice summery pizza to enjoy, even on days that are hotter than ever.  I love the combination of mozzarella and gorgonzola...the two blend so nicely together.  Top it with fresh basil from the garden and you're good to go.  Enjoy!


Chicken Pesto Pizza
pizza crust (homemade, ready made...whatever works best for you)
3 grilled chicken breasts, chopped (mine were marinated in oil and herbs before cooking)
pesto (enough to cover the surface)
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 red onion, sliced
shredded mozzarella cheese (as much as you like)
crumbled gorgonzola cheese (again, as much as you like)
1 cup chopped fresh basil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Cover baking sheet with foil, then place crust on top.  Spread pesto over entire surface of crust, followed by chicken, then the remaining toppings.  Finish off with basil.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is cooked and cheese has melted.



Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At July 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM , Anonymous megan @ whatmegansmaking said...

yum, I love this combination! perfect for summer :)

 
At July 7, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 said...

I love pesto on pizza, too. I love making my own pesto, but sometimes you just have to buy it already made. I'll have to try the Costco kind out.

 
At July 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Anonymous Maris (in Good taste) said...

Sounds like a delicious combination of ingredients for a pizza. Definetly on my to do list!

 

Post a Comment

You keep commenting, I keep cooking. Simple as that.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home